5-Ingredient Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Recipe
Incidentally, this cake isn’t all that quick to bake – ovens are faster, but it “bakes” without supervision and doesn’t heat up the kitchen. Even though you need to wait while the pressure comes down on its own, you can do other things around the house, or just sit back and relax while the pot does it magic for you. This cake can be served warm or at room temperature and keeps up to a week when covered tightly with plastic wrap. It doesn’t need frosting, and when I serve it to company, I simply add a dollop of sweetened whipped cream (no frozen garbage, please).
You will need a 7” Bundt pan (although once when I made 3 at a time, I used a pudding basin for one of them and it worked perfectly) that fits in your particular Instant Pot. The pans can be found at some larger stores, or can be ordered on line.
1 15.25 ounce package devil's food cake mix
1 3.9 ounce instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups sour cream
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Spray a 7" Bundt pan liberally with non-stick spray with flour.
- Place a rack with handles (or make a sling from aluminum foil) in the Instant Pot; pour in 1 1/2 cups water.
- Mix the cake mix, pudding mix, egg, and sour cream until smooth; stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter (it will be very thick) in the prepared pan.
- Spray the underside of a piece of foil with non-stick spray and loosely cover the pan.
- Place the covered pan in the Instant Pot. Cover the pot, set the valve to sealing, and set the cycle to manual for 40 minutes.
- When the cycle has finished, let the pressure release naturally.
- Remove from the pot, remove the foil, and invert onto a serving plate. Dust with powdered sugar and let cool.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 283 Calories from Fat 119
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 42% Protein 2% Carb. 56%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 25 mg
Sodium 215 mg
Total Carbohydrate 40 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 12 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.